1. Niyat :
• The Niyat should be for Allah only.
• For a fasting to be accepted, niyat should be made.
2. Sunnah of Fast:
• Observe Sunnah of the Fast.
• Have suhoor as late as possible, just before the break of dawn, just before the Fajr Salah.
• Break our fast, have Iftar as early as possible, immediately after sunset.
3. Avoid all things that are prohibited and makruh.
4. Implement Sunnah.
5. Offer Salah:
• As many as Nafl and Sunnah possible.
• Read in congregation.
• As far as possible go to the mosque for the Salah.
• Do not miss Tarawih – Very important Sunnah.
• Do not rush through Tarawih, read with patience, so you can understand what .command of Allah (SWT) is.
6. I’tikaf in last 10 days:
• Don’t socialize during I’tikaf.
7. More supplications.
8. More Dhikr.
9. Read as much as Qur’an possible:
• If Arabic is your language, no problem.
• If not, also read the translation in the language you understand the best.
• At least read one Juz per day so you can complete the Qur’an once in the Holy month of Ramadan.
• Read as much as Hadith possible.
• Read authentic Hadith.
• Book of Sahih al-Bukhari, Muslim, etc.
• Life style of Prophet (SAW).
• It’s an obligatory charity.
• Any rich person with more than 85 grams of gold, he or she should give 2.5% of the saving.
• Calculate honestly.
• Better give more than less.
• 10 times more reward during the month of Ramadan.
• Spend more time with family.
• Do all activities collectively.
15. Other People:
• Deal with other human beings with mercy, love and care.
• Forgive them.
• Ask for forgiveness.
16. Ponder on things.
17. Plan your month of Ramadan efficiently.
18. Don’t waste not even a minute, not even a second.
19. This is the month of cleaning.
20. Best month for Self Improvement.
21. Best month to convey the message of Islam to the Non-Muslims.