The other day my friend told me, ‘Thank god I’m not a Muslim, I can’t wear all this niqab.’
How am I supposed to react to this? Pity her? It only made me think how ignorant she is. She couldn’t see my reaction as I was wearing a niqab. Why do people think that every Muslim who follows Islam is being forced to do so? Wearing a niqab doesn’t discomfort me. I wear a niqab because I love wearing it and it makes me feel so close to Allah and protected from dirty attention. I wouldn’t like to expose myself to every random man and attract unwanted attention. to me thats so disgusting! It’s not even obligatory in Islam to wear a niqab! What about the women in France who are fighting for their rights to wear a niqab in France? Are all of them being forced to fight? I am glad Islam has the concept of hijab. It is so comforting to men and women with knowledge. The amazing things you achieve by doing hijab and niqab are
- No one can judge your financial status.
- Your jewelry isn’t exposed, so i guess you don’t get robbed on the street :-).
- Your skin is protected from from everything free of cost.
- Your hair stays healthy.
- No one gets to admire your body’s figure.
- Your partner is very secure about you.
- You gain respect.
- The evil can’t spot you.
- You are not the reason for ruining some man’s relationship with his partner.
- You don’t get the sin of attracting a man’s attention in a dirty way.
- You don’t cause the feeling of jealousy in another woman’s heart.
- You don’t let other women feel insecure about their external beauty.
- You get to inspire other men and women to follow Islam. So you get their reward as well :-).
- You don’t spend unnecessary money on shopping expensive clothes or accessories or make up.
- No man in his right mind would approach you to flirt with you.
- You don’t have to spend all that time getting ready.
- It is a sunnah as the wives of Prophet Muhammad (saw) used to do this.
- Almost forgot! Your face gains Noor. You get a clear face and beautiful skin ;-), Mashallah.
- And the best part, everybody knows you’re a believer.
When you do it for the love of Allah not even the blaring sun would be a problem. Unless and until you understand why hijab is necessary, no one will like it. Hope this helped.
Allah knows best.