- Fill your Mp3 player/flash drive with audios of Surahs, Supplications, etc. Listen to them when you’re going out and you have nothing much to do. You can also listen to it while driving. This is of course better than using your ipod and time to listen to music.
- Write down or print out the little Surahs on decorative paper and stick them where ever you’d like. For example behind your room’s door. You could create a collage behind your door of things you like without any human or animal figures and Surahs and Supplications. I’ve done that.
- You could write your Supplications on ‘post its’ and stick them in a place where you would be saying the Supplication. For example, stick the supplication for before entering the washroom on your washroom’s door.
- Mark Mondays and Thursdays on your calendar (phone as well) for Fasting. Collect a group of friend and relatives to fast on these days. Remind each other the previous day by a simple text message. Maximize your group :-).
Abu Qatadah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was asked about fasting on Mondays. He said, “That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I received Revelation.” [Muslim].
Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, “Deeds of people are presented (to Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays. So I like that my actions be presented while I am fasting.” [At-Tirmidhi].
`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) used to observe fast on Mondays and Thursdays. [At-Tirmidhi].
- Have a goal set for reading the Qur’an. For example, finish one juz in so many days or one day, or so many pages for a day. This will make sure that you read the Qur’an every day. Don’t forget to reflect on it.
The Qur’an will be a Proof for or against Us on the Day of Judgement. This is due to the statement of the Messenger: “And the Qur’an is a proof for you or against you.” [Muslim]
Any more ideas anyone?